Exploring Hardin County is an endless adventure of fishing, boating, hiking, water-loving, nature-walking, catfish-dining options!
Take a look at this sample itinerary:
WHAT TO DO DOWNTOWN:
Savannah, Tennessee boasting as the Catfish Capital of the World, offers a river town with shopping, dining, parks, and history.
- Spend the morning exploring historic Savannah. Stop in Tennessee River Museum (495 Main Street) for a tour chronicling river life from the moundbuilders, Trail of Tears, romantic steamboats, to modern day commerce. Pick up a copy of the Savannah Historic Home Tour brochure and enjoy a stroll past antebellum and craftsman bungalows including Cherry Mansion, headquarters to General US Grant during the Battle of Shiloh.
- Stop in Selah Coffee (on Main Street) to relax with a specialty blend espresso, grab a sweet treat at White Oak Bakery (348 Main Street)….but if by chance you are here on a Wednesday, well, by all means, visit Savannah Farmers Market (corner of Main and Williams Street) for a pastry or locally raised fresh sausage and biscuit!
- Shop the array of boutiques and specialty shoppes for many great finds, clothing, pottery, jewelry, art.
- Lunch time! Italian cuisine, salads, lunch specials. Mama Fia’s (414 Main) is Buon Appetito! right on Main Street.
- Tennessee Street Park (200 Tennessee Street) cool off the kids at the splash pads; visit Savannah Veterans’ Park (Hanna Blvd) and tour our armed service memorial.
Dine at one of many local restaurants while in town.
There are so many ways to enjoy Hardin County. Plan now for your adventure. You can find lodging options and more details here at www.tourhardincounty.org
TOURISM DIRECTOR / MEDIA CONTACT
Hardin County Convention and Visitors Bureau